- Upload the app. Go to Apps → Manage → Upload private app and upload the zip-file sent to you by email. Name the app 'Guide to Support (beta)'.
- Create a token. G to Admin → Channels → API click on 'Create a token', name this token as you want but we recommend the name 'Guide to Support (beta)' and copy it (⌘+C or Ctrl+C).
You have to copy the entire token once it's generated. We also recommend to save this token in a secure place to be able copy it later in case of some problems during this onboarding.
- Add you account. Go to Admin → Channels → Channel integrations → Guide to Support (beta) → Accounts → Add account.
- Fill out the 'Sign up' form by providing the following data:
- Enter the email of Zendesk administrator (credentials of a simple agent won't work!).
- Set a password. For security reasons create a different password of the one used to login in Zendesk.
- Paste Zendesk API token previously created and copied (⌘+V or Ctrl+V).
Your application is now set and ready to convert comments to articles and posts into regular tickets.