Set up VKontakte (VK) community as a channel in Zendesk to receive and reply to the private messages send by VK users to your company.
- The app VK Messages is installed and on.
- The person setting up the VK community has the role which allows adding accounts in the VK Messages channel.
- The person setting up a VK community is administrator of this community.
- The Private messages in the VK community are on and allowed.
- Go to Admin → Channels → Channel Integration and click on VK Messages icon.
- In the opened interface with the channel settings go to the tab Accounts and click on Add account.
- In the opened tab or a popup window do the following:
- login into VK using the credentials of the user with admin rights of the community you are about to connect (if you are already logged-in this step will be skipped automatically);
- choose the VK community you want to be connected with Zendesk;
- after the refresh of the screen, click on the button Authorize for allowing the app to configure the community the way to receive and post the messages via Zendesk.
The community is successfully connected as a new Zendesk channel if you can see your VK community in the list of connected accounts. Since now on you will see the tickets created from the VK messages and can reply to such messages via Zendesk. To connect more VK communities, repeat the steps 1 to 5.
If after refreshing your browser (clearing the browsing data, cookies) you still can't see your VK community in the list of accounts please report the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org.